09 March, 2012

Agape Babies California Baby Sunscreen Unscented

This has to be the most oddly shaped article that I have retrieved from my mailbox - a wrapped tube of sunscreen. Strange as it might be, I knew what the item was before opening it. 


Ranking a low hazard score of 2 on EWG, this product has been on my shopping list since I have set eyes on it. In my last USA haul, I did not order the item to avoid additional shipping since it was not from the same merchandiser that I was purchasing items from. And it's pretty costly for 82 grams of sunscreen, which probably wouldn't last for a month if slathered on daily. I eventually gave in to my temptation after chancing upon a listing on California Baby products on Gmarket.


Sunscreen in a tube strikes me as creamy, thick and luscious. However, this one is more like a lotion, and flowed out profusely when I tilted the tube.


Due to the high percentage of micronised titanium dioxide inside, it is no doubt that the sunscreen can be "whitening". So no matter how much I spread the layer, the sunscreen still imparts a ghastly sheen to my skin. Did the director of Twilight use this product to make the vampires glisten under sunlight? 


To put the sunscreen to test, I rinsed my arm under running water and the sunscreen stayed put (image on left). A piece of tissue and water made most of it come off. But my skin continues to have that eerie glow.


I would think that this product would be good for outdoor sports since it is water-resistant and stays on the skin long. For daily use, it can be too greasy and a hassle to spread evenly (unless you wish to audition for a role in Twilight). I had to wash my arm countless times to get the greasy feeling off, so scrub your skin well if planning to use this product!

Source: Gmarket
Price: $30 + Free shipping
Item Rating: 3/5 
Processing time: 3 day (s)
Delivery time: 1 day (s)

No comments:

Post a Comment