18 March, 2012

Nana Beauty Shop Compression Knee Socks (Black)

As many might know, compression socks exert pressure on the legs to help to promote blood circulation and prevent fatigue. They are tightest at the ankles and gradually become less constrictive towards the knees and thighs. I have been using 20-25Pa compression stockings from Japanese Gunze Sabrina, which certainly serve their purpose well. 

This time around, since there was a time sale (they always seem to tempt me to spend unnecessary $), I decided to get this pair of "brand-less" compression socks to try out during sleep time. 


Spanning 78 cm, this pair of socks came without any retail box to verify its source (even though deep in our hearts, we know where the product is likely to be made from). It ranks very well on the aesthetic scoreboard, with all the nitty-gritty details:


I couldn't help thinking about the ease the sock is put on, at least till my knees. To someone who has been using 20Pa compression stockings, this does not feel like anything near 10Pa, how does will it exert its effects proper? I would say it's comfy but not tight enough for the ankle and calf. 

At my thighs, the sock got too tight and cut into my flesh. If blood can't flow to and fro properly from my calves and lower legs as the supply is restricted at my thighs, there might be blood stasis at the lower legs. Call me paranoid, I wouldn't want to risk having thrombosis. I'll probably roll the socks down to my knees when I put these on. 


This is ill-fitting is rather expected, since proper compression socks should be matched to people based on leg sizes. The fact that the dimensions of my rather odd legs does contribute to the poor fitting as well - more flesh at the calf relative to the thigh. I'm 21cm at the ankle, 35cm at the calves, 39cm at 1" above my knee, and 46cm at the thigh area where the socks are pulled highest to. So the socks are not tight, tight, slightly tight, most tight in the above order. Not good for me.

Oh I just love to look at item feedback that people give on Gmarket, for they make me laugh sometimes. I have just something to clarify after reading some, that compression socks don't "fight fats", rather, they drain edema in the legs so the legs appear slimmer. Fight fats with a healthy lifestyle instead.

Source: Gmarket
Price: $8.90 + Free shipping
Item Rating: 2.5/5 
Processing time: 6 day (s)
Delivery time: 3 day (s)

No comments:

Post a Comment