01 March, 2012

Pretty Shop Cosmetics (Secret Beam Highlighter, Raspberry Eye Mask)

Secret Beam Highlight Pink/White ($10.50)

Usually powders for highlighting are of one shade. Thus, when I first laid eyes on Secret Beam Highlight from Etude House, it intrigued me as there appears to be a myriad of colours featured for the item. Out of curiosity, I purchased one along with my raspberry eye masks. 


As I gingerly swirl my blending brush into the colourful palette, white powder flaked off the surface and to my disappointment, there wasn't a rainbow of colours on my brush.. What was I thinking of?? =/


Still having hope that there will be more colours than that white tinge, I swiped the brush on the back of my hand and looked on in dismay.. seriously, what was I thinking of??


Anyway, I found that the highlight does make a difference to the radiance of the whole face, but do not overdo it. Tap your brush to remove excess powder before blending into your skin. By the way, it can be too bright for yellow or tanned skin, so if you have typical Asian skin, either go for the gold version or lighten your face with a fairer foundation. 

For those who new to highlighting, it's as simple as highlighting your lecture notes - just refer to the image (borrowed from NYX listing) below on the areas to highlight. 


Raspberry Line Lift Collagen Eye Pad ($1.40)


These eye masks are $0.50 cheaper than that time when I first bought them from another seller! Please read review of the item here.  

It seems that Korean cosmetic industries are fond of dishing out samples. If I were to collect a lot of those of the same type, wouldn't it mean that I can get a retail amount from it? But what if the samples are made from leftover long-expired products? I shudder at that thought. 

Source: Gmarket (Secret Beam) (Raspberry Eye Pad)
Price: Refer to above + Free shipping
Item Rating: 4/5
Processing time: 5 day (s)
Delivery time: 11 day (s)

No comments:

Post a Comment