08 October, 2011

Caishen Dresses (25A_S305_A5329, 989_SH1_A8080_purple, 992_SH1_A8630)

In the past, I used to like to buy from Caishen shop, as th provided decent quality clothes with a handwritten thank-you note and some jewel stickers. This time around, I felt that there is a decline in quality. Let me justify my claim.

25A_S305_A5329 (+$9.88)


A stark contrast to the picture shown on the listing. Slightly on the loose side, it looks way too cheap for comfort, and is not well-tailored. On closer look, one can see the poor handiwork:



And guess what, the silver neck piece is actually made of plastic silver ribbon (the type you use to tie gifts with) which broke when subjected to the stresses of washing. To wear the dress, the velcro is there for you to link the plastic ribbon ends together. 



989_SH1_A8080_purple (+$9.88)



The most decent of all, this skater dress with accompanying jewel necklace fits me well. The pastel-violet fabric seems to be made of cotton and is rather stretchable. I've bought something like this from the seller before. Here's a closer view of the attached accessory:



992_SH1_A8630 (+$11.88)



 *sigh* What made me purchase this one? There is no way I could wear it and look sane. Wrinkled and exceedingly baggy, this dress has inner lining only at part below the waist band. The fabric is a metallic beige and seems impermeable to air. Can someone advise me on how I'm going to wear this maternity dress and still look presentable?

Considering that each dress exceeds the amount needed to get a decent dress from Bugis Street, the quality is unacceptable. Branding the apparel with a "Caishen" tag without improving the quality doesn't make sense to me. I would rather the seller invest in better quality dress, than to waste the money and manpower on printing tags. 



No, I can't "wear beautiful" with your clothes and rusty jewellery gift Caishen shop.


Source: Gmarket
Price: $0.99 + $1.50 shipping (free if >$29)
Rating: 4/10

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Thank God, was tempted to buy from Caishen shop but always hesitated cuz the of negative reviews! TT__TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. 992_SH1_A8630
    i bot this one but anther color like grey or something. need to iron carefully, worn once. still ok.
    your color is not easy to hide the poor workmanship.
    buyer online need to check review before decide
    thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete